Birdland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birdland

Here's where we'll discuss the arrangement for "Birdland." This forum is hidden but not private. If you give the URL out anyone can see it so please don't Cheers and welcome aboard!

After you've successfully logged in ping me here so that I know it all worked. Thanks!

Comment

The cool thing about this project is that everyone is completely free to bring your "A" game no matter how long it takes. We are in no hurry. Send me tracks when you are happy with them. The best outcome of this is that everyone is completely happy with their own performance first and the group effort in the end. Spare no effort and take as much time as you need. We'll be a poor man's Steely Dan.

Comment

This verifies that I have seen this and accessed it successfully! Is there a particular recording, or just record track? Ive seen a few variations. Just want to be sure.

Thinking of laying a percussive click-type track down. Will shave off about 10 years of Avante-Gard learning! LOL!

Comment

We'll use the Weather Report version as a template for bass and drums. As soon as Logan has drums down I'll work out the electric bass parts. Since I am not Jaco Pastorious the pinch harmonic parts I'll play on the electric guitar, some of the synth lines as well. Megan and I will get an arrangement for piano that covers most of the keyboards. Then we'll let Greg, Julian and maybe Johnny do their deal as soon as we get the basic rhythm tracks tight. If anyone needs a copy of the Weather Report version I can upload it.

Comment

Sounds awesome! (Sorry I'm late to the party... lol)
            and thanks again for letting me be a part of this, y'all rock!

Comment

I have another one for everyone to listen to as well. Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYIv_dyhezs

Comment

Also, I'll try to double some of the synth parts,
                feel free to cut anything to make it sound good --- i just like to play. (Not sure what all I'm supposed to do... so why not everything?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                  Also, I'll try to double some of the synth parts,
                  feel free to cut anything to make it sound good --- i just like to play. (Not sure what all I'm supposed to do... so why not everything?
                  I think that you should play any part that you want. I'll figure out a way to weave the horn parts that you and Julian and hopefully Johnny play into a coherent whole. I'll do some of the synth parts on the guitar myself.

Logan - would it help if I laid down a basic bass track first? If so I'll get it done in the next few weeks.

Cheers all.

Comment

Working...
                  X