2021 T1 Navigation questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by msteward View Post
    Okay I may have had an epiphany over night. As you leave wp54 the trail actually goes all the way down to 55 then goes north to 56. That is why cs5 is where wp55 is. I think I may have been fixated on the map trail lines more than what I can actually see. The start of the cs is at 56 ends at 55, not an out and back.
    I think ya got it - it's clear on Google Earth but not clear on the USFS or Topo.

Comment

Anyone else seeing double waypoints on day 6?

Comment

Originally posted by OregonComrade48 View Post

I think ya got it - it's clear on Google Earth but not clear on the USFS or Topo.
        This area is ridden by hundreds of people each year. There are a great many accurate tracks that will clearly show you where the current trail is. I would be inclined to burn a couple of my added waypoints in this area because the maps and waypoints given don't tell the whole truth. Make it easy where you can.

Comment

Anyone else seeing double waypoints on day 6?
          What are you seeing? I see the 'AB' waypoints.....

Comment

If you can see this. 6Dxyz7 then right beside of it is 6Dyz2.

Comment

10,12,13,14,15,16 There is also one beside them

Comment

Those yz points are legacy points from last year where the solo route went a different way. I think Martin said on FB that he had cleaned them out now.

Comment

I need to get on the book more then it seems. There are these that I have seen so I am just deleting them. Thanks.

Comment

d7 looks to be pretty much the same as last year, except that you no longer go through the fire swamp outside of Elk City.

Comment

Which way is everyone taking to get back on route after Elk City? I see there looks like a couple of different ways shown. Back track to where you got off and take 7da0 way and on to wp60. Speaking for a team

Comment

Which way is everyone taking to get back on route after Elk City? I see there looks like a couple of different ways shown. Back track to where you got off and take 7da0 way and on to wp60. Speaking for a team
                        Having never ridden that area I am going with Martin's recommendation and following the 7DH way points.. Looking at the Google Earth imagery reinforces that this seems the easiest path back to the main route. But if I get a chance during the summer I am going to try and get up there and check the ground view itself and if I don't then once/if I get there on the ride I will decide based on the dirt in front of me. I am skeptical that 7Dg4 will be a good option as recreational trails that are not clearly marked as motorized can be a mess for down trees and the google imagery shows it as full under tree cover.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	ElkCityExit.JPG Views:	0 Size:	97.4 KB ID:	1434

Comment

That looks to be the easiest option but won't you miss the CP of Anderson butte, or cutting down the single track right by there down to it and back up from there? I see theres a moto trail right by there.

Comment

That looks to be the easiest option but won't you miss the CP of Anderson butte, or cutting down the single track right by there down to it and back up from there? I see theres a moto trail right by there.
                            i definitely will not be missing the CP. It looks like it is about half a mile each way from the junction oF 832 and 835down to Anderson Butte and you can clearly see the 832 on google satellite imagery. I don't mind back tracking half a mile to skip nasty deadfall.

But again if trail#830 Anderson Butte trail looks good once I can see it for myself and very travelled I will take it back to the 505. Route planning now is just a plan, reality will be whatever I find on the ground.

Comment

I think I would probably take the g route, and just get back on the main route before Anderson Butte. These trails are all well used SXS trails.
                              Keep in mind that you will need to have your biggest fuel load on board leaving Elk City. The next opportunity for gas is at the end of D8.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadzu View Post
                                I think I would probably take the g route, and just get back on the main route before Anderson Butte. These trails are all well used SXS trails.
                                Keep in mind that you will need to have your biggest fuel load on board leaving Elk City. The next opportunity for gas is at the end of D8.
                                great to know on the G path. Thanks Chad!

Comment

Working...
                                X