Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour of Idaho 2019, T1, Prep

Ask your preparation questions here.

Possibility the wrong thread for this question, but curious as to why a rest day is only allowed the 2nd day in a desert town. I'm only saying this because it would be cool to spend an extra day in a cool town in the mountains instead of hot and dry Pocatello

Comment

I don't think the point is to take in the scenery, there will be plenty of that for the next 9 days. I think the idea is more about re-calibrating, performing a diagnostics test and supporting the local community as you gather supplies and any last minute gear needs.

Comment

Question to all.... Right now, I am planning to use the widest front tire that I can fit on my WR450; I am curious if anyone sees potential disadvantages with this?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymach2015 View Post
          Possibility the wrong thread for this question, but curious as to why a rest day is only allowed the 2nd day in a desert town. I'm only saying this because it would be cool to spend an extra day in a cool town in the mountains instead of hot and dry Pocatello
          Taking day 2 off was a big advantage for use as we needed to buy some supplies that we didn't know that we were going to need until that day. You can basically find anything that you need in Pocatello, not so much for any of the other days.

Comment

Working...
          X