Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tour of Idaho 2019, T1, Prep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tour of Idaho 2019, T1, Prep

    Ask your preparation questions here.

  • #2
    Possibility the wrong thread for this question, but curious as to why a rest day is only allowed the 2nd day in a desert town. I'm only saying this because it would be cool to spend an extra day in a cool town in the mountains instead of hot and dry Pocatello

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't think the point is to take in the scenery, there will be plenty of that for the next 9 days. I think the idea is more about re-calibrating, performing a diagnostics test and supporting the local community as you gather supplies and any last minute gear needs.

      Comment


      • #4
        Question to all.... Right now, I am planning to use the widest front tire that I can fit on my WR450; I am curious if anyone sees potential disadvantages with this?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jeremymach2015 View Post
          Possibility the wrong thread for this question, but curious as to why a rest day is only allowed the 2nd day in a desert town. I'm only saying this because it would be cool to spend an extra day in a cool town in the mountains instead of hot and dry Pocatello
          Taking day 2 off was a big advantage for use as we needed to buy some supplies that we didn't know that we were going to need until that day. You can basically find anything that you need in Pocatello, not so much for any of the other days.

          Comment


          • #6
            Question about tubes. I have always used UHD tubes But I was thinking of using the Nuetech Nitro Bib Mousse? Neutech's have been getting good reviews on feel and life. Any Tour experience with the Mousse? Good to go ? or are they a No-Go?
            Last edited by Guck78; 04-01-2019, 09:37 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Guck78 View Post
              Question about tubes. I have always used UHD tubes But I was thinking of using the Nuetech Nitro Bib Mousse? Neutech's have been getting good reviews on feel and life. Any Tour experience with the Mousse? Good to go ? or are they a No-Go?
              I would stick with UHD tubes, stiff tires and a bit of Slime in the tubes. I have never had a flat tire or any tire trouble in six Tours with this setup. Some of the newer dual sport mousses will get you through the Tour but the reports I've been getting is that they were beyond shot by the end last year and this year it's longer.

              Comment


              • #8
                With the change in the trespass law last year has there been any issue crossing through the private land sections on the tour?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just stay on our route and you should be fine. If you are confronted, which is unlikely, just apologize and ask directions to the nearest right of way

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Confirming on D1 challenge if you bail out at the top of Reed Canyon and ride down Bob Smith Canyon to reconnect with the regular route you still get credit for doing a challenge section or do you have to ride the full section from 1C0 to 1C9 to get credit?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mtnbound View Post
                      Confirming on D1 challenge if you bail out at the top of Reed Canyon and ride down Bob Smith Canyon to reconnect with the regular route you still get credit for doing a challenge section or do you have to ride the full section from 1C0 to 1C9 to get credit?
                      You do not get credit for the CS because the difficulties have not nearly begun. You are not penalized an off-route penalty. It's a way to come to your senses without having to backtrack.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have a jetting question. I have looked and the elevation profiles for each of the days. I'm thinking about jetting for 7000'. What has anyone else done for jetting?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X