Tour of Idaho 2019, T1, Prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Randy. I would NOT use KLIM Mojave for this and neither would anyone at KLIM. The Dakar gear in lighter colors is about 90% as good at keeping you cool when you need to be - and 500% better at keeping you warm when you want to be. I love my Mojave gear, but it's for dayriding only. I've used Dakar tops and OTB bottoms on the Tour many times and never had any reason to regret the choice. I use the Stowaway jacket for an emergency shell and garbage bags and duct tape if things get worse. I do carry a set of lightweight KLIM base layers in case it really gets cold. You can purchase inexpensive, throw-away waterproof rain gear in most of the towns you''ll visit. Cheers
    Martin Do you run or pack the Dakar Jacket as well? Or any jacket for that matter other than the stowaway rain jacket?

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbound View Post
      With the change in the trespass law last year has there been any issue crossing through the private land sections on the tour?
      Watch yourself in the sand west of American Falls. Make sure that you stay on our track out there. If you are challenged just do what they ask. Also make sure you close all gates that were closed when you got there. Other than that you are golden. The only other private property is the flagpole and you are in danger there only if you piss me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamonddave View Post

Martin Do you run or pack the Dakar Jacket as well? Or any jacket for that matter other than the stowaway rain jacket?
        Just the Stowaway and an emergency base layer. If it looks like it's going to get cold and/or rainy-snowy I stop and buy cheap rain gear and extra warm layers. I always carry a few plastic garbage bags and a small amount of duct tape to seal myself against rain if I have to in a pinch.

Comment

Working...
        X