Tour of Idaho 2019, T1, Logistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour of Idaho 2019, T1, Logistics

Ask your questions here about shuttles to and from the start and finish.

I hope this is a logistical question? Question on lodging in Challis, I realize now we will be there during the warned time on the website - (Please note that accommodations in Challis are generally unavailable during the Braun Brothers Reunion which will be held August 8 - 10 in 2019). My question is what have riders done in the past during this event? I guess we can sleep out if no other options.

Comment

Originally posted by innkeeper View Post
      I hope this is a logistical question? Question on lodging in Challis, I realize now we will be there during the warned time on the website - (Please note that accommodations in Challis are generally unavailable during the Braun Brothers Reunion which will be held August 8 - 10 in 2019). My question is what have riders done in the past during this event? I guess we can sleep out if no other options.
      Have fun camping. You might be able to find an AIRBNB but it will be expensive and probably not close.

Comment

What are the shuttle options? which direction do they run? Found a uhaul from sandpoint to starting point for around 500

Comment

What are the shuttle options? which direction do they run? Found a uhaul from sandpoint to starting point for around 500
          We rented a UHaul.

Comment

Is anyone travelling down from Canada this year? I'm located outside Vancouver BC and am thinking of Aug.1-ish as a possible start date. I was considering leaving my truck at Sundance and renting a pickup or van on a one way rental to Pocatello. Anyone else with those approximate dates who'd consider ride share? I know it's a long shot. Thanks

Comment

We are planning on finishing up on Friday the 16th and rented a uhaul for Saturday the 17th and will be heading to the star pointt where our truck is parked - I would need to rent a larger uhaul but we might be able to give you and your bike a ride down. Issues will be if we don't make it or If we do make it we might be missed off at the beating Martin put us through. - HA

Comment

Generous offer, but I'd really like to be home by then. I have a narrow window, and ideally I'd be home the night of the 13th. I'll see what I can arrange, and get back to you. Thank you.

Comment

We are planning on finishing up on Friday the 16th and rented a uhaul for Saturday the 17th and will be heading to the star pointt where our truck is parked - I would need to rent a larger uhaul but we might be able to give you and your bike a ride down. Issues will be if we don't make it or If we do make it we might be missed off at the beating Martin put us through. - HA
                  what price did you guys get with a quote for with the uhaul? thinking we are going to do the same or possible be open to splitting the cost with your group? since we are scheduled to start and end the same day

Comment

I think it was 491

Comment

Any Spokane area riders heading down to Malad this year? I'm looking for a place to park my truck in/around Spokane.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                        Is anyone travelling down from Canada this year? I'm located outside Vancouver BC and am thinking of Aug.1-ish as a possible start date. I was considering leaving my truck at Sundance and renting a pickup or van on a one way rental to Pocatello. Anyone else with those approximate dates who'd consider ride share? I know it's a long shot. Thanks
                        Team going for broke, do you have a ride to Malad once you get to Pocatello?

Comment

Hello Bascout2. I've planned as far as Pocatello, which is where I am required to drop the rental truck. My thought was to ride the last hour or so to Malad. It's a bit of a process as I'm leaving my truck in Spokane in long term storage, and picking the rental on a one way heading South. I'm somewhat committed as I'll have to ride back to Spokane even if I don't finish the tour. What are you thinking?

Comment

At the end of T1, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get my bike from Priest River, ID, back down to Malad CIty, ID where my Jeep & trailer will be parked. Ideally, I would be able to rent a pickup in Priest River, ID and drop it off in Malad City, ID. Do you guys have any suggestions?

In Forum Post #4, "Innkeeper" mentioned that he found a Uhaul in Sandpoint, ID back down to the starting point for $500+. "Innkeeper", by starting point, do you mean Malad City?

Comment

Yes sir, - Uhaul rental from Ponderay ID (a to z rentals) dropping off Malad City at Buttars Commercial - $451.70
                              Last edited by innkeeper; 06-27-2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X