2022 Navigation questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Navigation questions

Ask your 2022 specific navigation questions here.

Hi Martin, guess the waypoint D2xyz22 might be placed a little far to the south; maybe a relict of 2021 where one had to turn south instead now in 2022 the route goes north :-) Thomas

Comment

LOL, back in '17 I was convinced that Martin made the hardest tour ever!
      Now I'm a bit wide eyed at what the class of '22 is up against. D1 for 3person teams is going to be one for the record books.
      Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• zzseansmith
        zzseansmith commented
        Editing a comment
        agree! I really want to do it again as it has changed so much but don't want to pester Martin for the details on the new areas and don't want to steal a T1 slot.

• Mike_1_Thompson
        Mike_1_Thompson commented
        Editing a comment
        I followed the tour last year and running it this year. It appears that Martin has raised the bar substantially over previous tours. I am not a professional but I see a real sadistic streak in his thoughts. His close friends my consider an intervention:-)

Martin
      Question on the D3 Mystery Route. Will there be different routes for Soloists, 2 and 3 person teams. I'm weighing the pros and cons of riding either the 2 or 3 person route that day.
      On D4 CP 6 wet Creek Basin doesn't look to be near 4Dxyz11. Want us to just take a picture looking towards Pass Creek?
      On D5 3Dxyz makes an impromptu appearance on the East Fork Road east of Wildhorse.
      Do extra waypoints I use for marking hotels, gas stations, moto-shops ect. count against my total extra allowable? Im trying to avoid using my Phone to navigate to stores/hotels in towns.

Comment

• zzseansmith
        zzseansmith commented
        Editing a comment
        Last year we had to ride the route for your team. You were unable to "ride up" to do the route of the team size above what you registered.

• jrlastofthebreed89
        jrlastofthebreed89 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you are right! I don't see anywhere that riding up a trail for a day gives you bonus points like it used to be.... Im going to rethink my strategy...

Hi Martin, I am struggling to download the D6 gpx file; get an error message in my browser; D1...5 works perfectly fine; any idea? It tells download not available. Tx Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Maynard View Post
        Hi Martin, I am struggling to download the D6 gpx file; get an error message in my browser; D1...5 works perfectly fine; any idea? It tells download not available. Tx Thomas
        I just downloaded it, try now.
        TOI #77

Comment

On day 5 if we go to Hailey for tires, can we avoid the Ketchum craziness by going up Greenhorn?

Comment

Working...
          X