Ancillary equipment for the Tour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julie Jones View Post
    Is there any reason to choose the F5 over the F3 carbon? From the information I found the F3 carbon is now the lightest at less than 2.5 pounds.
    There are a couple of reasons beyond weight to consider the F5. Both are great helmets and you can't go too wrong with either. However, the F3 carbon is currently only available in Black and Black with Flow Yellow trim. The F5 is available in a variety of color options and although many of them are still highly dark colors, there are a couple lighter options. The other bigger thing in my opinion is that the F5 has more venting. So if you're worried about heat, it will vent better than even the new F3. The F5 also comes with a Gore Windstopper liner in the event you run into colder temperatures. So you may look at what dates you're doing your attempt. If it's during peak heat, light and vented would be better. If you're going late and colder temps are more likely, that might not be as big of an issue. Both have Fidlock and both are very comfortable. I'm very happy with my white and light gray F5 and am super happy I picked it for the Tour.

Comment

Seat Concepts XL super wide double plus extra comfort seat for '17-'19 Husky.
      I am pretty set on the XL version for my tender backside.
      Pros, Cons, does it come in pink?

Comment

Originally posted by Chadzu View Post
        Seat Concepts XL super wide double plus extra comfort seat for '17-'19 Husky.
        I am pretty set on the XL version for my tender backside.
        Pros, Cons, does it come in pink?
        For you I'm sure they will make a pink one ;-)

I got the non-super wide version. I am surprised at how narrow it is. I would go wider next time.

Comment

How about some help from you night riders out there.

I bought the oxbow voyager helmet light. I've never used a helmet light before so I am looking for info about the best place to mount it. (Top of helmet, under visor, side of helmet, chin mount) What works and what doesn't.

Comment

• Jefff Jensen
            Jefff Jensen commented
            Editing a comment
            I mounted mine on top of the helmet and the visor prevents reflection back at you.

Originally posted by Julie Jones View Post
          How about some help from you night riders out there.

I bought the oxbow voyager helmet light. I've never used a helmet light before so I am looking for info about the best place to mount it. (Top of helmet, under visor, side of helmet, chin mount) What works and what doesn't.
          Julie, if you have a Klim helmet, they make a GoPro chin mount for your chinbar vent. The Oxbow is GoPro mount compatible, so that may be the perfect spot for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pundy View Post

Julie, if you have a Klim helmet, they make a GoPro chin mount for your chinbar vent. The Oxbow is GoPro mount compatible, so that may be the perfect spot for it.
            I really like the chin mount for a camera. It gives the most realistic view and doesn't get caught on low hanging branches. I took off the camera (old helmet) when I put a gps on the bike because it was in the way of seeing the gps. I do plan to try the chin mount again, with the GPS off to the side instead of center mount on the bars. I haven't decided if I want to try and capture video in the dark or not, so that will dictate if I can just replace the gopro with the light.

Comment

Got me a Klim F5 for the tour. Love this helmet. Light and so much airflow I can't believe it. I took the liner out to install my communications equipment and was disappointed to see it was Made in China. I guess even Klim outsources to China.

Comment

So last night I found myself lying next to my dirt bike again. This time my right hip had the displeasure to land on a rock. The standard foam hip pad wasn't quite up to this blow and I have a sore hip bone today. It got me thinking about a D3o hip pad.
                Has any one used them with success?

Comment

• Martin
                  Martin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I use D30 in the elbows of my jersey and knees of my Dakar pants. As I mentioned in PBR #12 that's all I use anymore for trail riding

I got tired of taking off my vest and digging out my saw. So many times there is a branch in the trail, or a bent tree that you can duck under so you do. Okay, maybe I'm just lazy. Anyway, now I carry my saw so I can get to it easily. Sometimes I clear trail without even getting off the bike. Voille straps (or Pronghorn) are very secure.

Comment

Working...
                X