Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeanMacNee
    replied
    I’ve had a ton of success and am very happy with the Mosko Moto reckless 10 bags. I will be using them for the tour for sure. One bag would typically have rain coat and pants. The other bag is food, gloves, recovery kit, etc. so not a ton of weight. I like the fact that they are dry bags. I personally haven’t had a lot of problems with their size in regards to getting on and off bike or snagging on trees. I’ll be running a helmet light, most likely moto minded light. Also will be wearing protective gear including leatt neck brace. These are all things I’m already using and riding with. I would suggest not adding a bunch of new stuff before the tour. Lastly, on the subject of helmets I have a white helmet and have always had white helmets, they are significantly cooler. The one I’m currently using is Airoh Aviator.

Leave a comment:

• David Powell
    commented on 's reply
    4 gallon would be fine. Last year my bike had a 3.1 gallon tank, this year a 2.8 gallon tank is the largest available for my bike and will be what I am running. You have to haul gas on D7 and D8 anyway, so I just utilized my gas bags on the other days I needed them. I will need 2 gallons for D7 and D8, but I will haul 3 gallons to be safe. Just dump the gas in as soon as you can, so your only hauling that weight for a couple hours.

• David Powell
    commented on 's reply
    I did not wear any protection except my knee pads. You already should be wearing a Klim Vest and really should not be riding at any speed to be crashing much. Your bike and body are already loaded and protection will make you too hot on most days in my opinion.

• David Powell
    commented on 's reply
    We ran the Mosko Moto Reckless 10 last year, this year we decided to switch to the Giant Loop Mojave. They are lighter, they don't stick out as far, and we are going to try to haul nothing on the rear fender except the fuel bag on the days we need it. Light and tight is what you want and the Giant Loop bags fit that need better than the Mosko Moto Bags in my opinion. Also, Giant Loop supports the Tour.

• Martin
    commented on 's reply
    Yes: no and no

• jrlastofthebreed89
    replied
    Does anyone know if Les Schwab in Salmon sells and will install Mouse Bibs?

Leave a comment:

• jrlastofthebreed89
    commented on 's reply
    How have you been liking the IMS? Im setting up the same bike. Does it clear the fan?

• schall
    commented on 's reply
    I had always strapped my extra fuel bags onto my bike but recently carried my Giant Loop bag (1 gal) in the in-between location (where the tool bag is usually stored) on my Klim Nak Pak. About 50 miles into my ride i started to get a fuel taste in my hydration pack. The bag wasn't leaking, that I could tell, so it must have been out gassing through the liner. Anyone carry these in/on/or near their pack and experience their hydration bag tasting like gas? I really liked getting the weigh off the bike but I am not fond of gas tainted water.

• jrlastofthebreed89
    commented on 's reply
    what gas gas can did you find thats 5.3 for a 350? All I can find is 4.

• Julie Jones
    replied
    I got tired of taking off my vest and digging out my saw. So many times there is a branch in the trail, or a bent tree that you can duck under so you do. Okay, maybe I'm just lazy. Anyway, now I carry my saw so I can get to it easily. Sometimes I clear trail without even getting off the bike. Voille straps (or Pronghorn) are very secure.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    commented on 's reply
    I use D30 in the elbows of my jersey and knees of my Dakar pants. As I mentioned in PBR #12 that's all I use anymore for trail riding

• Chadzu
    replied
    So last night I found myself lying next to my dirt bike again. This time my right hip had the displeasure to land on a rock. The standard foam hip pad wasn't quite up to this blow and I have a sore hip bone today. It got me thinking about a D3o hip pad.
    Has any one used them with success?

Leave a comment:

• David Powell
    replied
    Got me a Klim F5 for the tour. Love this helmet. Light and so much airflow I can't believe it. I took the liner out to install my communications equipment and was disappointed to see it was Made in China. I guess even Klim outsources to China.

Leave a comment:

• Julie Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Pundy View Post

Julie, if you have a Klim helmet, they make a GoPro chin mount for your chinbar vent. The Oxbow is GoPro mount compatible, so that may be the perfect spot for it.
    I really like the chin mount for a camera. It gives the most realistic view and doesn't get caught on low hanging branches. I took off the camera (old helmet) when I put a gps on the bike because it was in the way of seeing the gps. I do plan to try the chin mount again, with the GPS off to the side instead of center mount on the bars. I haven't decided if I want to try and capture video in the dark or not, so that will dictate if I can just replace the gopro with the light.

Leave a comment:

• Pundy
    replied
    Originally posted by Julie Jones View Post
    How about some help from you night riders out there.

I bought the oxbow voyager helmet light. I've never used a helmet light before so I am looking for info about the best place to mount it. (Top of helmet, under visor, side of helmet, chin mount) What works and what doesn't.
    Julie, if you have a Klim helmet, they make a GoPro chin mount for your chinbar vent. The Oxbow is GoPro mount compatible, so that may be the perfect spot for it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X