Route map/ Navigation questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Route map/ Navigation questions

1. While review the 2019 day 3 map-If you choose a challenge section as in Day 3- where C3 intersects at 3DZ2 are you required to ride back to 3DZ1 and then double back or can you continue straight to 3DZ3 from 3DZ2? Or is this question to early as 2020 is not published?
    2. Deviation from trail clarification- As offroad rider if we hit an impassible section we develop a "A" line around that section (Bushwhack) and rejoin down the trail. To what degree is this acceptable and not acceptable for tT1 game? Obviously we all love the main trail to stay as developed Indo note that Jimmy Lewis commented about going around some of the downed trees.
    Thanks for any help
    T1 2020 !!!

No. You don’t back track... If you attempt the challenge section on day 3 you turnoff around 3Dxyz69 and follow 3C0....when you intersect 3Dz2 you would continue to 3Dz3, 3Dz4.... if you look back at 3Dxyz80 this is the standard solo, two, and three person route, at 3Dz1 the 3 person teams turn right and the solo and two person teams continue on to 3Dxyz81.....

This is my understanding....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Yarnell View Post
      1. Deviation from trail clarification- As offroad rider if we hit an impassible section we develop a "A" line around that section (Bushwhack) and rejoin down the trail. To what degree is this acceptable and not acceptable for tT1 game? Obviously we all love the main trail to stay as developed Indo note that Jimmy Lewis commented about going around some of the downed trees.
      Thanks for any help
      T1 2020 !!!
      I have found that the main trail is almost always the easiest route. The terrain is generally so steep and or vegetated that on the fly reroutes are a non issue.
      That being said the trails are a living thing and minor deviations are being created all the time. If by chance you need to go around a newly fallen tree and it takes a few feet to do so I think that is acceptable. If you are a hundred yards off the main trail you should probably rethink.

Comment

Will do and Thank you for the feedback, I guess I knew the answers but wanted to what y’all thought.
        kevin
        Team C3 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Chadzu View Post

I have found that the main trail is almost always the easiest route. The terrain is generally so steep and or vegetated that on the fly reroutes are a non issue.
          That being said the trails are a living thing and minor deviations are being created all the time. If by chance you need to go around a newly fallen tree and it takes a few feet to do so I think that is acceptable. If you are a hundred yards off the main trail you should probably rethink.
          These are very wise words. No one is going to ding anyone for getting lost as long as it does not create some competitive advantage.

There was a team that rode a wrong trail a few years ago that was 10x worse than the right trail so no penalty was given. Yeah, navigation is part of the problem to solve, but we try to cut teams some slack where it doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
          X