T1 2020 Navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T1 2020 Navigation

Questions, comments, concerns specifically about the 2020 route, waypoints, challenge points, what's required to earn a number this year, etc. Please - no general navigation questions here

I made some minor changes to D6 this morning - just two waypoints. They were not misplaced, just mislabeled. Napais Creek. The waypoints at the lower end are now 6Dy1 and y2. Sorry.

Comment

Martin, I'm a little confused on the solo route on D6 morning....

I see first thing 6Dx0-2 gets you out of town on the different route, but what's up with 6Dx3 back on the highway?

Should x route join the regular route just south of 6Dxyz5 (wallace lake view)?

Most all the WPs have "x" in them so I'm not sure exactly what is the designated "x" route.

Maybe just expound on this...

Solo riders get a D6 break right out of the chute. You'll take an alternative route right out of Salmon that will get you to the Wallace Lake view by a mostly different route, then onto North Fork via a much shorter (30 miles) and faster (90 minutes) route.

Comment

From the route description page "The waypoints in the files are descriptively named, e.g., 1D = day 1, 1C = day one challenge section, x = one person team, y = two person team, z = 3 person team. So waypoint 3Dxy22 would be the twenty-second waypoint on day three on the route taken by one and two member teams."

Out of Salmon solo riders (x) take a different route up to the Ridge Road, follow the xy route backward to Wallace lake and back down to Hwy 93, then go north to NF on Hwy 93.

Comment

Martin

2 man teams are required 68 CPs +4 ancillary CPs = 72 and two challenge sections to finish. Review of the 2020 CPs, I only see 67 CPs available on the y route.

Wondering if this was a mistake, or do we need to plan to pick up the extra point through one of the other options?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by David Powell View Post
            Martin

2 man teams are required 68 CPs +4 ancillary CPs = 72 and two challenge sections to finish. Review of the 2020 CPs, I only see 67 CPs available on the y route.

Wondering if this was a mistake, or do we need to plan to pick up the extra point through one of the other options?

Thanks
            Good catch! I'll lower the number by one for two person teams. Thanks much.

Comment

Martin - Also regarding the CP totals, I believe both solo & 2-person teams are still 1 off. I created the spreadsheet below & went over the values 10+ times to confirm. I’m sure I’m missing something YET the 3-person team total adds up. Of course, all these #’s EXCLUDE the bonus Salmon Mountain hike on Day 7(as indicated on CP webpage.) If I included it, the 3 person team would have 1 extra. Ok, I've over explained myself. Thanks!

* = EXCLUDES SALMON MOUNTAIN HIKE (A Bonus CP)
              Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7* Day 8 Day 9 Day 10 TOTAL
              Solo CP 6 6 6 8 7 8 4 5 7 5 62
              2 Person CP 7 6 6 9 7 9 5 5 7 5 66
              3 Person CP 8 6 7 10 8 9 5 5 7 5 70

Comment

Martin- Day 10. Just about 10Dxyz 38 you have a blue line 10xy0 -10xy2 this is colored blue (xy should be red)? The nominal route- red after 10Dxyz 38 the waypoint is 10Dzo-10Dz3...... It seems as though the colors are backwards or the labeling is incorrect? Or Im seeing things... Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nathan View Post
                  Martin - Also regarding the CP totals, I believe both solo & 2-person teams are still 1 off. I created the spreadsheet below & went over the values 10+ times to confirm. I’m sure I’m missing something YET the 3-person team total adds up. Of course, all these #’s EXCLUDE the bonus Salmon Mountain hike on Day 7(as indicated on CP webpage.) If I included it, the 3 person team would have 1 extra. Ok, I've over explained myself. Thanks!

* = EXCLUDES SALMON MOUNTAIN HIKE (A Bonus CP)
                  Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7* Day 8 Day 9 Day 10 TOTAL
                  Solo CP 6 6 6 8 7 8 4 5 7 5 62
                  2 Person CP 7 6 6 9 7 9 5 5 7 5 66
                  3 Person CP 8 6 7 10 8 9 5 5 7 5 70
                  62, 66 and 70 are correct. I lost one somewhere. Changes being made right now. Thanks very much!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Martin- Day 10. Just about 10Dxyz 38 you have a blue line 10xy0 -10xy2 this is colored blue (xy should be red)? The nominal route- red after 10Dxyz 38 the waypoint is 10Dzo-10Dz3...... It seems as though the colors are backwards or the labeling is incorrect? Or Im seeing things... Thanks
                    It is fixed.

Comment

Just confirming 1Dxyz64 is CP the 1DyxzRR? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Yarnell View Post
                        Just confirming 1Dxyz64 is CP the 1DyxzRR? Thank you
                        1DxyzRR is a CP. It is not the same, however, as 1Dxyz64.

Comment

• Kevin Yarnell
                          Kevin Yarnell commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you and got it, I see the change you made from the first map sent out as complete.

How are you all printing the maps and RB? I can't do it on my normal printer. I emailed Fedex.com/Kinkos and they said they could print them out on 8.2x17 waterproof paper. I'm good with that but I haven't seen one printed as of yet. I tried printing the RB but the writing is so so small as is when I print off of Motorcyclejazz. I messed with zooming it in and its still not correct. I've searched this site without any luck. How is everyone doing it or plan to do it?

Comment

I made a minor change to D2 and it's now up and ready. The change is After American Falls. Waypoints 2Dxyz98 - 126 have been relocated. The new waypoints have been loaded up and the D2 100K map has been revised.

This was done out of an abundance of caution. Even though the original route followed a power line right of way, the gate is still posted. This is a common practice in Idaho as landowners are increasingly not honoring existing easements. With the new no-tresspassing statutes the onus would be on you and it's just now worth it. Better to avoid that three miles altogether.

Comment

Marthin, You may want to check 6Dxyz23 Indian Peak. I do not see in on the 100K map for day 6 or down load way points. But it's still showing as a CP. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X