T1 2020 Navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin,
    If Attempting Bonus Section 4Db1 to 4Db4 I would assume then we would ride the Alternate to 4Da6 near 4dxyz27 and join back on main route?
    Thanks Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Yarnell View Post
      Martin,
      If Attempting Bonus Section 4Db1 to 4Db4 I would assume then we would ride the Alternate to 4Da6 near 4dxyz27 and join back on main route?
      Thanks Kevin
      That is correct. From the route book - Note that a bonus trail, Bowery (7114), is available in this area. Nice trail, but you would have to really need a bonus section to make this advisable. Turn right at 4Da5 and follow Germania Creek to East Fork Road to reconnect with the regular route.

Comment

At 4Dxyz59 in the RB it says 3 person teams follow 11 mile Creak while 1 and 2 person teams continue on 070. When I look at the PDF map for day 4 it shows the 3 person route in Blue and the 1 and 2 person route in Red. As I read the RB it seams as though the map colors are incorrect. Am I missing something?

Comment

• Mike
          Mike commented
          Editing a comment
          It all looks correct to me... blue is 3 person team and it shows it going down 11 mile ck.... ???

• Damon Sullivan
          Damon Sullivan commented
          Editing a comment
          I found the issue, it's me... all good to go now.

Day 4 Route Book describes Trail split at 4Dxyz77 take Left fork down creek bed to challis follow creek bed to single track that parallels Blue Mt road. It looks that 4Dxyz78 and 4Dyxz79 redirect you on a different path. can someone check me on this.
        thanks Kevin

Comment

• Pundy
          Pundy commented
          Editing a comment
          Kevin, I see that discrepancy as well, but I rode that section last year and I can tell you that the waypoints leading to the dump road certainly do the trick to get you to the correct spot. I doubt you would get dinged for going either way. I"m sure Martin will chime in here.

Martin, I have made a KMZ and GPX files for Day 1 bonus section #3. I will send them to you if it help you. The round trip is just under 7 miles. Just let me know how to send them to you.

Thanks

Comment

I have a question regarding the background map on the Voyager Pro (running latest update) The trails don't show up on the background map so am I right that I will need my Garmin for trail reference or am I missing something within the Pro? I have my way-points in and that is fine but I was hoping the map within the pro would have finer detail. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Georgeson View Post
            I have a question regarding the background map on the Voyager Pro (running latest update) The trails don't show up on the background map so am I right that I will need my Garmin for trail reference or am I missing something within the Pro? I have my way-points in and that is fine but I was hoping the map within the pro would have finer detail. Any thoughts?
            Not all trails will show on all map sets, it doesn't really have anything to do with the Voyager. My suggestion is to import the waypoints into Google Earth and look at a satellite view to see where the trail is.

Comment

Originally posted by cdalejef View Post
              I posted this last year on FB but I thought I'd post it here for this years teams that may have missed it. I was very pleased to find that my new Garmin 66i has this feature so I will be using it again.

Something that I found that was very useful for us on the T1 was setting a proximity alarm for every challenge point. What that means is that your GPS (if so equipped) will give an audible alarm and a red circle when you get within whatever radius (I set mine at 1/2 mile) that you program in of that challenge point so that you'll know when one is coming up. This was super helpful to keep us from missing any challenge points. We didn't miss any.

Kent just figured out how to make it even easier and it should work on your GPS even if it doesn't support proximity. He figured out that you can do it with BaseCamp or if you're old school like me it works in MapSource as well. This is much quicker than doing it on the GPS unit.

Double click each challenge point one at a time...

It will bring up a menu like this. In the proximity box, enter a radius value that you want your circle to be. I like .5 mile...

Close the window, now you will see the proximity circle...

Now once you send all of your waypoints to your GPS, you should see this circle on your screen. If your device doesn't support proximity, you should still see the circle but may not get an alarm once you reach the circle. Even if there isn't an alarm, you'll know that your getting close to the challenge point.

Comment

Martin,
                Would it be acceptable if planning to attempt Day 1 CS and get the best burger and fry's around. To run CS 1C0 to 1C7 then back Track to 1Dxyz98 take trail 032 paralleling Harkness creek to McCammon then reverse and join back into CS?
                Thanks Kevin

Comment

• Chadzu
                  Chadzu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  General observation. Mr. Knight was at 1C7 at 6:30PM.

Here is the link to the waypoints for Little Rock Cafe on D1: http://motorcyclejazz.com/gpx/D1LittleRock.gpx

By whatever route you are taking you must start this bonus section in Harkness near 1Dxyz98.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Yarnell View Post
                  Martin,
                  Would it be acceptable if planning to attempt Day 1 CS and get the best burger and fry's around. To run CS 1C0 to 1C7 then back Track to 1Dxyz98 take trail 032 paralleling Harkness creek to McCammon then reverse and join back into CS?
                  Thanks Kevin
                  Yes, that's the way.

Comment

Please bear in mind that Little Rock Cafe closes at 7pm.

Comment

• Mike
                      Mike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      FYI. It also looks like they are closed on Sundays.... Bummer for team GG II....
                  Working...
                  X