2020 T1 Route Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 T1 Route Updates

We'll use this thread to post the most current trail information, i.e., trail closures due to fire or maintenance. You may post information about blowdown here ONLY if it has effectively closed the trail. Down trees are generally not enough to get a trail removed from the Tour. You can either break out the Silky or make up the points elsewhere. Thanks.

Please go to the facebook page and see the pinned video on the Blackrock Canyon detour at the end of D1. A catastrophic fire a few days ago has closed part of the two/three team short cut. I don't know how long this closure will last so everyone must follow the solo route from waypoint 111 to the flagpole. Failure do to so will result in a 1cp penalty. Cheers and thanks.

Comment

Is there a list of places that where the over night stays are that do not have fuel? I know some remote towns dont have gas stations, was just curious how much planning about fueling locations we need to look into.

Comment

Originally posted by treboner View Post
        Is there a list of places that where the over night stays are that do not have fuel? I know some remote towns dont have gas stations, was just curious how much planning about fueling locations we need to look into.
        Lowell and Smokey Bar

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	937B2B57-0E8C-466F-A293-B85D14DCF6C6.jpeg
Views:	14
Size:	4.97 MB
ID:	1215 Not sure where to post this so I’ll try here. Recently rode a bunch of day 6 stuff. Specifically powder gulch is what I am looking to post about. My first time down powder gulch was on a day ride, I live a few hours away. My buddy and I got lost and ended up down in the old gulch trail. It hadn’t been used for probably over a decade and we had to chainsaw our way out of that gulch. The trail is really nebulous in a few spots and in others there are tracks going all over so it’s hard to tell the trail. I rode it about a week ago and was able to achieve all the waypoints. One of the way points, dxyz23, is an overlook of sorts. Once you get here resist the temptation to be pulled straight down into the gulch. This is where I have been stuck before. The actual trail is on the east side of the gulch and the overlook is on the west side.
          here’s a view of the overlook from
          last week.

Comment

Working...
          X